Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Something's Gotta Give

I was so discouraged at the 4 lbs I ultimately gained when I cut out sugar for 3 weeks that I decided it wasn't worth the struggle.  So for almost a month, I haven't weighed myself, I haven't cared what I ate, and I haven't done any exercise. (aside from my normal running around during the day and taking care of 3 active kids.)
Tried to walk to mom's house last Sunday, got winded.  Weighed myself today, up 3 more lbs.  Took inventory of what I ate yesterday, almost all junk food.  Something's gotta give.
Last Spring/Summer, Bobby and I followed the Sonoma Diet for a couple months.  I lost more than 20 lbs, and Bobby lost more than 10!  It was an easy principle to follow, and the food was great!  They had a couple of stages, but the main idea was to limit/cut out sugars (including most fruits) and to have lots of green veggies, lean meat and whole grains.  You didn't count calories, or weigh your portions, you just filled your plate.  25% whole grains, 25% protein, 25% veggies, and 25% fruit (if you wanted fruit.  You could substitute the fruit for more veggies.)  It was easy, healthy eating that made both Bobby and I feel great!  And it was super filling!  They also said to have 2-3 snacks each day, and each snack was filling!
I'm doing that.
I've come to the same conclusion as you guys.  It all comes down to whether I want the chocolate, or the health.  I want the health.  And the hot body!  Every choice needs to be made using that guideline.
When it comes to exercising, the only time I have is between 5:30 and 6:30 in the morning.  It sucks, but that's when the kids are sleeping, before Bobby goes to work, before I am exhausted.  I need to do this.  No more fat pictures.  No more growing out of my clothes.  No more headaches for weeks on end.  No more increased bad feelings about myself.  It's time to change.  Something's gotta give.
Goal #1-Lose the first 20 lbs and fit into my fat clothes comfortably.
That sounds ridiculous, but I can't buy clothes another size bigger.  I think I will break down in the store.  My fat clothes are tight.  Something's gotta give, and it's gonna be me.
I appreciate the comments and thoughts that you guys put on here.  It definitely helps.
Here's to a much more successful Summer!
Bob

1 comment:

  1. This is like the most inspirational posting ever! I have been self loathing like crazy lately and eating crap to try to make myself feel better (even though that's what makes me loathe myself). And I don't want new clothes just yet--I just want to look better in my big, post-pregnancy clothes. I am with you 100%. I can even call you at 5:30 your time when I'm getting up to exercise too because I want to put in time for working out too! We can be long-distance support buddies.

    ReplyDelete