Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Going Up

Yesterday I weighed 198.5. Today I weigh 200. I know, I said I wasn't weighing myself but obviously I need to because it wasn't working to prevent me from eating. Perhaps some cold hard facts will do it. I am a 200-pound woman. That is not okay. I am 27 pounds heavier than I was last August 15th. That means that I need to lose said 27 pounds before this August 15th. That gives me exactly three months. Three months, nine pounds per month. I can do it. I desperately need to diet and exercise to hit that goal, so the first thing I'm going to do is do a hard fast today. Not a no-food fast, but a fast that removes all foods that are bad. This means I will only eat whole foods: fresh fruits, vegetables, whole wheat bread, eggs, milk, etc. No sugar, no salt, no additives of any kind. And I'll try to jog on my walk today. We'll see how that goes.

Also, I've been wanting to buy a pedometer for a while now. I want to see how many steps I can fit into an average day. This will be hard considering how much schoolwork I intend to get accomplished this term, but I just have to make it a priority. I can't be fat this summer and I can't allow my weight and size to become permanent. Scarlet turns three months in two days. I had better lose the weight before her six-month birthday or I won't believe that I'm ever able to lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment