Wednesday, April 17, 2013

1... 2... 3...

All's fair in love and war... but not in calorie counting! Ugh! So today I started counting my calories, which is part of the portion control of my weigh lose program, and it was rough. Camilla told me of a web site called LoseIt.com this morning and I signed up. You put in how much you weigh, your age, and what you want to lose and it helps you determine the amount of calorie intake you should be having per day. I was tasked at 1318. A day. Not an hour like usual. Okay, so I'll be eating less sugar than planned. Because if I want to stay alive, with no diabetes, I have to eat real food which take up all my calories.


Day one and I already want to quit but they say it's always harder in the beginning. For dinner tonight, prepared two chicken patties. Didn't think it would be too bad. After all, a Big Mac is 500 cal. and I was having a home cooked chicken and avocado burger. Nay, nay! Did you know that for a slice of avocado it's 40 calories? A slice! You'd think because it's a veggie they would cut you some slack. Again, nope. I also said no to Mayo. That wasn't so hard. I had ketchup. Good ol' ketchup! You never let me down. But it did... one tablespoon was 15 cal. I ate the one burger and sat there, still hungry, but willing myself not to move and get the other one. Instead, I cleaned up and saved it for tomorrow. I drank a ton of water to fill in the other half of my stomach, which worked. Hopefully, I won't be as hungry tomorrow morning.

But in the end, I stayed under my count by 3 calories! (Play 'We are the Champions' here please!)

I feel like maybe I can do this. Maybe it'll be easier as go. But I know that it will be worth it! I want to look a little like my old self again. Not only for the emotional and physical side, I don't want buy a whole new wardrobe. It's so expensive. Until, next time. Stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment